First Q Member
52,899 sq m
JG Ingenieros is a USGBC (United States Green Building Council) member with accredited LEED professionals (LEED APs) which have carried out the MEP systems project in accordance with LEED-CS Gold standards for engineering projects. They were also responsible for the construction supervision of the MEP systems, fire simulations with fluid dynamic studies (CFD), development of the maintenance project and installation of our newly developed maintenance software MantTest.net.
The building, with a total surface area of 52,899 sq m and 60 shops and restaurants, opened to the public in October 2009 and has also been awarded the prize “Best Shopping Center 2010-2011” given by Asociación Española de Centros Comerciales. The association praised the strategic location, constructive excellence, energy efficiency and respect for the environment of the new shopping center.
JG Ingenieros has developed the whole MEP systems Project as well as construction supervision, guaranteeing the fulfillment of LEED CS credits associated with the system design.
- Installation of 726 photovoltaic panels on the rooftop, which generate 174.24 kWp, doubling the power required by the Spanish Construction Law (Código Técnico de la Edificación de España, CTE)
- 100% green energy sources
- Water saving by using low consumption flush meters and ecologic urinaries
- Control of outdoor air supply
- Avoidance of harmful CFC refrigerants
- Efficient plant watering system
- Energy consumption metering
Unique / Key Features
- LEED AP assistance for the development of MEP systems project meeting LEED-CS requirements
- MEP systems project in accordance with LEED-CS level Gold requirements
- CFD fire simulations
- Construction supervision of MEP systems
- Maintenance Project
- Installation of our own maintenance software net